Eartheart Dialog is a place where we discuss how our lives are evolving and reflecting the wisdom of nature, of which we are a part, as we reach to fulfill "our heart's desire". In this space we can share creative experiences, work and explore our common ground. This is also an invitation to discuss matters of spirituality and the environment, art and design, and a heartful planet.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

EARTH DAY---what is greening up in you?

Along the way in Bear Canyon today, a question appeared, "What is 'greening-up' in you right now?"  Spring has come and gone and returned a few times this year.  Now it seems in earnest.  The wildly divergent 'greens' I see these past few days, must have stimulated the question.  It is a good one to ask.

What shows up along side this question is, "What are you nourishing right now?"  That brought me up short.  Am I nourishing what is healthy and progressive for me?  Is what is greening up healthy new growth or is it a growth which seeks to keep things as they have always been?  It all seems to boil down to what is it that increases my engagement in life; even if it is new and different from years past.  Questioning the way things have always been seems appropriate.  This is a gift of spring.

So what_is_greening up in me right now?  It seems to require deeper honesty, more playfulness and a willingness to let go of making big plans.  God shows up, after all, in the unexpected.  So, how do I find a balance of taking action toward desires and then letting it all flow.......releasing all expectations?  Daily experiences of emotional contentment---several a day actually---help me.  Noticing what shows up and how I feel are big clues.  Clues to what is greening up and what I am nourishing.

If this is a good question for you, too....consider sharing here a bit of what you see and feel.  We can be good for each other by gardening each others hearts.  So what is greening up for you?  Leave a comment if you like.  HAPPY EARTH DAY!

1 comment:

  1. A delayed response...mostly cause I was "waiting for my answer"! I hold dear, my memory of a very special experience with Elizabeth...in my back yard about 9 or 10 years ago.

    (Elizabeth)You had offered to help me experience a deeper connection with the plants, trees, elementals who inhabit my back yard. I remember being very excited for this opportunity...to sit out there with you...to see what might come.

    You asked me for my question(s) for them. So, thinking I ought to keep them simple and to "their world", I asked: 1) If there was anything I could do to help my beech-like tree who appeared to be dwindling. (about a quarter of it's branches were dying)

    The answer was "pruning...and that it was slowly dying, but would live as long as it took me, to prune what I needed to, from my life".

    Whoa!! so much for "simple questions and answers about trees"

    Just in the last 2 weeks...I realized the tree's remaining 1/8 of life that had bloomed last year, wasn't showing buds. I stopped in my tracks...was it possible that I have finished "pruning" my life...enough, so that a new chapter might finally be ready to root?

    Thanks Elizabeth for this gift. Such a lesson in patience!

    ReplyDelete